Full Stack Engineer
Citybook is looking for a Software Engineer to join our engineering team in Jerusalem. This person is responsible for the end-to-end planning, building, and deploying of our software systems. They will be able to drive the programming of well-constructed, testable code.
The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, a solid understanding of applicable analytics, and a natural curiosity for producing effective solutions. This person is patient, has excellent time-management skills, and practices of effective communication style.
About the job.
In this role, you will:
- Build out and support our express.js based backend
- Design and develop – Foster and engineer software solutions from conception to deployment. Evaluate customer requirements and determine existing product reach, potential restrictions, and future development feasibility. Work independently while testing all software in a fluid environment, facilitating verification and quality assurance throughout.
- Coordinate and support – Maintain direct communication with the customer to understand needs throughout the software development lifecycle. Work with the engineering team to execute timely and cost-effective solutions. Provide on-going support and maintenance to the customer as needed.
What do you need, to be successful in this position?
- 4+ Experience working with NodeJS/express.js. Front-end frameworks such as React and VueJS are a plus!
- Comfortable with at least one major database engine.
- API experience is a huge plus (designing and consuming)
- Comfortable including automated testing as part of your day-to-day coding
- Knowledge of all engineering tools and applications and programming languages, such as git, CI/CD, testing, npm, etc
What is it like to work here?
- Great work atmosphere, in which you will learn a lot.
- Great mentorship, towards more growth
- Generous PTO policy (based on Israeli employment law) and special provisions for holidays
How do you know if you are a good fit?
- You know you have a bright mind, and enjoy solving challenges.
- You are a hard worker, self-starter, learn quickly, take ownership, and you just know, how to get it done.
- You have had a job in software/web development for at least 4 years.
- You are comfortable working from the Jerusalem office (WFH most of the time, some office presence necessary).
About our team and culture:
CityBook Services (established - 2003), with its 750 employees, is Israel’s largest English-speaking company, catering to the US commercial real estate market. Our clients include some of the largest and most prestigious investors, bankers, and investment groups in all 50 states.
Our growing team of developers strives to build uber-efficient tools for our internal product teams and deal with an ever-increasing set of challenges from ML/OCR to market prediction algorithms.
- Competitive salaries
- Parent-friendly workplace
- Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid WFH
- Comfortable offices in great locations and an amazing atmosphere
- Culture of learning & innovation - Individual training, conferences, courses, etc. to help you grow and excel
- State-of-the-art technology of your choice
- Regular team building events
- Weekly team lunches
- Monthly Meetups
- Annual company gathering